Irresistably Sweet

So Friday I got a text message from my best friend and writing soul mate, Nancy Thompson that I should hurry on over to her blog because there was something there for me. I was leaving the doctor's office but I was able to pull up her blog on my Blackberry. I was stunned and humbled to find that she had nominated me for the Irresistably Sweet Blog Award! Thank you, Nancy! I sincerely appreciate it and it means a lot to me that someone as brilliant as Nancy would nominate me for this award.




Well this is a kind of pay-it-forward award nomination which I am happy to pass along to some other wonderful, intelligent and intriguing bloggers. Here are the rules, as I have them:

1. Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them. (See above)

2. Include 7 random tidbits about yourself (See below)

3. Pass the award onto 5 others and link to their blogs (See below)

4. Let said people know you've given them the award (Will do).

Okay so first, 7 random tidbits about yours truly (and I'm choosing things you wouldn't find out about me by perusing this website).

1. For one of my birthdays in my mid-twenties, I boxed another girl in a bar for money. It was quite fun. I did well although boxing is way harder than martial arts (I kept trying to slap arm-bars on her which was frowned upon). I won $50.

2. I hate chicken. The sight or smell of it usually makes me gag. Sometimes I can eat chicken salad or chicken nuggets but most of the time I cannot eat chicken at all.

3. I hate cooking but I love baking. For me cooking is boring, tedious and disgusting. I lose my appetite when I cook. But I love to bake. I could bake all day but I could also eat my baked goods all day long which is why I don't bake often.

4. I'm totally addicted to HBO's new show, Game of Thrones (and it's not something that would usually catch my interest but it is SO good).

5. I love, love, love romantic comedies. I know I'm supposed to be all educated and not sucked in by how formulaic they are but I can't help it. I just love them.

6. I've worked as a karate instructor, office assistant/manager, certified nurse assistant and paralegal in my adult life. I loved all of those jobs for different reasons.

7. When I was in college I had a writing partner who told me that I was "like a raucous trashman to my sensibilities". I still find that hilarious.

Okay, now here's the real fun. I'd like to pass along the Irresistably Sweet Blog Award to the following wonderful writers/bloggers:

1. Laila at The Untroubled Kingdom of Laila Knight. Laila's insights into the craft of writing always inspire me and make me laugh. She's very witty and I love hearing about her process. So much of what she blogs about resonates with me.

2. L.J. Cohen at Once in a Blue Muse. I just discovered Ms. Cohen's blog and I love it! It's intelligent, poetic and I love her recent posts about revisions.

3. Nina Badzin at Nina Badzin's Blog. A writer and mother, Ms. Badzin's blog particularly resonates with me. Informative and well-written, I've learned a thing or two from her blog.

4. Natalie Whipple at Between Fact and Fiction. I follow this blog with special interest as Ms. Whipple is and has been on submissions (as am I). Like all the bloggers I'm mentioning in this post, she's a great writer and she gives great insight to other writers into how the process of getting published works.

5. Basil Sands at Basil Sands' blog. I first came across Basil on the Kill Zone blog. His comments are always intelligent, incisive and absolutely hilarious. I had the privilege of being a beta reader for Basil's most recent novel, Cold Summer which I very much enjoyed. Basil has a very unique voice and I always enjoy reading whatever he's written whether it's a blog post of his own or a comment on the Kill Zone blog.

I don't know that these bloggers will choose to pass this award forward but each one of them, as well as Nancy who nominated me are awesome writers and if their blogs are any indication they are intelligent, witty and compassionate human beings as well. Worth checking out. Oh, single reader, I hope you will check their blogs out!

Comments

  1. Hey Lisa, welcome to Blogger! You'll love it here. I wanted to pick Natalie, as well. I love her blog. And of course, Laila is a dear Blogger friend. I often see Basil on TKZ and will have to check him out, as I will the others you've chosen. Thanks for participating!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still figuring this blogger out. I've been playing with it for a few months but not taking it seriously till now. It has been a lot harder to manage than my website. I have to figure out how to follow your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, welcome to our side!!! This is so much easier to get to and comment. There should be a follow button on all our blogs. My face should be popping up any minute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the award and welcome to Blogger. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the award, Lisa! And nice to meet you.

    Nancy directed me over here, and I'm glad she did. You have two books making the rounds? That's GREAT! Best of luck to you.

    (Hoping the fact that Nancy pointed you out to me doesn't damage your relationship with her.)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts