THANK YOU!

Well the votes are in and my debut novel, the one that took me over six years to get into the hands of readers, the one that was passed over so many times by agents and publishers before finally finding champions, the one that was snubbed repeatedly so many times, is a WINNER!

Today Finding Claire Fletcher won Best Heroine for Claire Fletcher and came in as runner up in Best Novel in the eFestival of Words Best of the Independent eBook Awards for 2013!



WOO HOO!!!!!!

I am thrilled and overwhelmed and so very grateful to all the people who voted for it, and for all my friends who campaigned so passionately for it the last two months, especially Carrie ButlerNancy S. ThompsonDana Mason and Stacy Darnell at Literary Mania Reviews.  I've said it before, but I'll say it again since it bears repeating:  You ladies are simply amazing!  As most of you know, this business is so hard and writers pour their hearts and souls into works that will usually only be read by a handful of people and almost never recognized by anyone other than their mother or spouse.  So this means a great deal to me.  I'd also like to thank Julie Dawson, Bards & Sages Publishing for putting these awards on and for hosting the eFestival of Words Virtual Book Fair.  Thank you to all my incredible friends, family and readers for all their support and votes.  Your support just blew me away! I'd be nowhere at all if I didn't have so many fabulous people in my corner!

This evening I'll be celebrating with my special hand-blown wine glasses from Prague which my former English professor and great friend, Dr. Danny Robinson and his lovely wife, Vickie sent me last year. The glasses arrived the day I signed my contracts and I've broken them out every time something fabulous happens in connection with this book! May there be many more occasions to do so!


THANK YOU!

Comments

  1. Congratulations, Lisa!!! Now, go celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Lisa! You deserve it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy it, Lisa--it's an award well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!! But of course we already knew this would be. :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know what I'm more excited about, you winning or the hand-blown glasses. Both are AWESOME!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You deserve this and so much more. This is only the beginning, my friend. So many great things are yet to come.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! I hope you enjoyed your celebratory drink - that glass is awesome. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Many congrats, Lisa - this is fabulous!

    I recently read ABERRATION and loved it. But definitely want to read this one as well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts