So Many Things . . . an update!

Well, I am happy to say that one of the reasons I haven't been blogging or particularly active on social media, or quick at answering emails or tweets or private messages or . . . you get the picture, is that I've been working hard on my next book. Right now, it's titled COLD-BLOODED. It is the next book in what I hope will become the Jocelyn Rush series. (No, I do not have a release date yet as I still have to polish it and submit it to a publisher). I finished the first draft FINALLY (see photo below), and I am now revising so I can get it out to some critique partners and beta readers who will tell me if it sucks or not.

First draft of my 4th novel!

For those of you anxiously awaiting the FINDING CLAIRE FLETCHER sequel (which I'm calling OVER THE EDGE), I'm about 1/4 of the way through it and as soon as I get COLD-BLOODED "in the can", I'll get right to work on finishing that one!

The other reasons I have been scarce were mainly illness, illness, illness, illness, illness, illness, illness, illness, and oh yeah, illness. Lucky for us, none of those illnesses were life-threatening. Just annoying. Things seemed to have smoothed out in that department, and I am looking forward to Spring and Summer which typically tend to be healthier months in my household (all appendages crossed). Oh, and this has nothing to do with anything except it's amusing in an it-sure-as-shit-wasn't-funny-at-the-time kind of way, but we had no water for 3 weeks this winter. Yeah, fun times. Cherish your running water, that's all I'm saying. Anyway, I do want to apologize if I've been remiss in responding to any messages that anyone has sent me. I promise you, it's not on purpose.

By the way, I want to talk about my novel-writing process and how the whole increase-your-word count-thing-by-having-an-exhaustive-outline did NOT work for me, but I'll do that in a separate post. I'm totally getting a T-shirt that says: PANTSTER AT HEART.

So, what else?

***

One of my most favorite books in the whole world, Dana Mason's BROKEN EMBRACE was nominated for a RONE award. I am super excited for Dana. She is extremely deserving. Not only is she a major talent, but she is an awesome person. She could use your help getting into the finals. If you could vote for her book, I would really appreciate it. You can visit her post HERE with instructions on how to do that. You have till May 3rd to vote. CONGRATS, Dana!



Also, BROKEN EMBRACE is on sale for 99 cents through May 3rd. Get it today!!!! It is # 3 in a trilogy but you can read all three books as stand-alones. They don't need to be read in order at all. You won't be sorry.

***

Speaking of time-sensitive things, the lovely authors over at NA Alley are running an event right now called QUEST FOR QUEEN AUCTION which is an auction of awesome writing-related items to raise money for a young lady named Queena who was left in need of around-the-clock care after a brutal rape and beating in 2008. She was 18 at the time. She is 25 now. Her family takes care of her, and her medical expenses are upwards of $70,000 a year. I urge you to check it out. If you don't want to bid, you can simply donate. Every little bit counts. Or you can send out some tweets or share it on Facebook to get the word out. The event ends this Friday, May 1st.


***

My second novel, ABERRATION, is getting a makeover. On May 12th, the publisher will reveal it's new, awesome cover. The ebook will be on sale from May 14-18 for 99 cents. The new cover was designed by Regina Wamba at Mae I Design. I can't wait for you guys to see it!



Please remember that is the exact same book, just with a different cover. 

***

Also, earlier this month, the German translation of my third novel, HALT STILL cracked the Amazon Top 100 list in Germany, reaching #66 over there. It was quite exciting!


I just want to thank the team at Amazon Crossing for doing such a wonderful job with it and for the lovely, handwritten card they sent me in the actual mail congratulating me on the release. Nobody sends actual, handwritten cards anymore so that was pretty awesome.

***

I know I'm forgetting something cause that is the theme of my life right now. I reserve the right to supplement this post! :)

***

What's going on with you guys?

Comments

  1. Wow! Congratulations on finishing that draft and your book doing so well in Germany.
    Sorry about the illnesses. I do treasure my running water.
    Just finishing up the A to Z Challenge. And had a book release in the middle of it. Yeah, mass overload!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same boat, different ocean. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you put all the illnesses behind you--on to a healthier time!

    Given the winter we had, I consider myself very fortunate we didn't lose our water. We had a lot of people in the area who did. Water is definitely one of those things those of us in the eastern US take for granted. Looking forward to seeing those new works of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Thank you so much for the shout out, Lisa! Sorry for all the illnesses. I hope everyone is feeling better, and trust me when I say, I appreciate water. Water in all capacities. I live in California, water is not easy to come by here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can tell you without reading a word- it does not suck. Glad to hear more stories are coming! Stay well. That was a lot of illness.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts