Things I Want You to Know About

It's me! Just little old me. I just have a couple of things to bring to your attention. Then next week I'll have another awesome writing tips post for you!

This author is Karli Rush:


Don't know her. Never met her. Never had any dealings with her at all. But I saw a Facebook post floating around about her yesterday. It touched me in my core. Her husband just died suddenly. He was the primary income in the family. They have two children. One is Autistic and the other is on dialysis awaiting a kidney transplant. I cannot even imagine the stress that this woman is under. Losing your partner suddenly and unexpectedly is difficult enough without adding all of the tremendous financial burden that now falls squarely on her shoulders--and she has a very sick child. This story hurt my heart. My prayers go out to her and her family. I simply cannot imagine what she is going through or how she is getting out of bed in the morning. A fundraising page has been set up for her and her family. Please consider donating and/or buying one of her books. Every little bit counts. Even $5 or $10 will go a long way if many, many people contribute.

You can donate HERE.

You can check out and buy her book(s) HERE.

******

On a less grave note, I'm thrilled to tell you that FINDING CLAIRE FLETCHER is finally available on AUDIO from Tantor Media. It's narrated by actress Amy Landon and let me tell you: she did an amazing job. Superb. Excellent. Awesome. I'm so incredibly happy with the way she brought Claire to life, I've been floating around on my own little cloud of euphoria since yesterday! Thank you, Tantor and thank you, Miss Landon.

So you can check it out on Amazon (CDs) or on Audible.

Or you can try to win a copy. Go to THIS LINK and comment on this photo, which is pinned to the top of the page:


On Friday evening, I'll draw a random winner and that person will receive one of the copies pictured above!

Comments

  1. How sad!
    Congratulations on your audio book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrible news about Karli. Always nice, however, to see the way people can come together to support someone.

    Great news, on the other hand, about FCF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a terrible thing to have happen to Karli!
    Yay to your audio book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That IS sad. :(

    Congrats on the audio version! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is sad. I went the book buying route. That way, she gets money and maybe a numbers boost too?

    Congrats on the audio book. I still wear my Finding Claire shirt. I always get asked about it, every time!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts