And the Winner Is . . .

So as you know from my last post, I was giving away a $15.00 Amazon gift card to a lucky follower/commenter.  There were 16 comments in all so I assigned each person a number:  the first commenter was 1, the second commenter was 2 . . . you get the picture.  Then I went to random.org and used their true random number generator to pick the winner.  The winning commenter was #8 which is Melodie of Forever Rewrighting!  Yay!  Thanks to all of you who commented.  I will get in touch with Melodie.

I'm still trying to catch up on blog posts, particularly the A to Z ones, so bear with me. 

Also, again, I'm going to do a Twitter diary for the main character in my first book, Finding Claire Fletcher.  If you're on Twitter and you're interested in it, you can follow her:  @IClaireFletcher.  That will start on 5/6/12.  I'm only averaging 4 tweets a day until I get closer to my book release which is 12/6/12. 

Finally, I'd like to draw your attention to a book written by a sort-of friend of mine.  His name is Rob Conway.  We grew up in the same neighborhood.  He is one of my brother's friends.  They've known each other since childhood.  In 2008 when the Phillies won the World Series, the City of Philadelphia had a parade.  While it was all good and fun, some of us actually had to work on parade day and some of the people who had to work had to work in Center City Philadelphia which is congested enough without adding millions of raving Phillies fans.  Anyway, back then, Rob wrote this piece about trying to get home from work amidst the parade craziness.  If I recall correctly, he wrote it as a Note on Facebook.  My brother thought it was hilarious and wanted me to read it.  To this day, it is one of the funniest things I've ever read.  I was an instant fan.

So when I found out that Rob had written a novel and that it was available on Amazon, I high-tailed it on over there and got myself a copy.  It's a sci-fi novel which is usually not my thing but since Rob had written it, I thought I'd give it a try.  It's pretty fascinating stuff and very action-packed in a kind of Michael-Crichton-esque way.  I can really see this as an action film. 



The premise is thus (and I'm taking this right from the Amazon page): 
Mark Giza just wanted to see again. Winning the multinational lottery made it possible for him to have brand new cybernetic eyes implanted. Regaining his sight was just the beginning, as now he’s fighting for his life against a widespread conspiracy to take those eyes and the power they hold, and to destroy the longstanding global peace.


It was quite good so if it sounds interesting to you, get over there and get a copy here.  You won't be disappointed.

Hope everyone has a great week and I'll be around blog-hopping soon I hope!

Comments

  1. Congrats to Melody, and I've not heard of a character diary on Twitter before, but sounds like a neat way of introducing the novel.

    The sci-fi novel has a good premise. Kind of creepy about the eyes though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, Melodie!

    Sounds like a good book, Lisa. I'll have to check it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for Melodie!! And thanks for the recommendation. I just finished my last A to Z post and I can barely see right now. Perhaps I should get me some of those eyes!! Zzzz...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to Melodie! And thank you for the recommendation and summary of Scepter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Lisa! And don't you worry, I'll definitely force Finding Claire Fletcher down all my reading friends' throats once it's available! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats, Melodie! Thanks for the book recommendation, Lisa! So awesome to download books nowadays without the hassle of going out to grab a copy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats to Rob on the book! I'm going to follow your character on twitter but I will warn you. I am rarely on there. I mean to be but...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts