The 7 X 7 Link Award


Many thanks to Carrie Butler at So You're a Writer for this Award. It is pretty simple. This award deals in superlatives. So I will link you to 7 old blog posts (Most Beautiful, Most Helpful, Most Popular, Most Controversial, Most Surprisingly Successful, Most Underrated, Most Prideworthy).

I had a website long before I discovered blogger so I had re-posted some of my old website blog posts on blogger back when the lovely and brilliant Nancy Thompson was my single reader. I'm going to take this opportunity to link you back to a few of those old, mostly unread blog posts.

Then I will pass this award on to a few other bloggers and ask them to highlight some older but awesome posts!

Here goes:

1. Most Beautiful:

This is a tough one as many writers (myself included) have trouble viewing their own work as beautiful. I know I am always tinkering. But if I had to choose it would be A Word About Perspective. Or: How To Do Your Worst.

2. Most Helpful:

I would say the Hook for Your Book Contest since it gave writers an opportunity to land an agent. I will use this opportunity to plug the upcoming Hook for Your Book Contests for unagented Fantasy, Romance and Historical Romance novelists. Check it out, spread the word, polish your pitch and enter!

3. Most Popular:

Oddly enough, it was Sample (Starting with A Question) where I posted the first chapter of a book I started but haven't finished. I figured this was way too long and that people might not read it but it has the most pageviews.

4. Most Controversial:

No idea (everyone on blogger has been so agreeable!) but I'll pick two unread posts which talk about what I think are mildly controversial topics: How You Know When You're Ready and Readers and the Rule of Three.

5. Most Surprisingly Successful:

Since I posted this on my website, it is the single most-read blog post on my website although I'm not sure why: The Perfect Writing Space.

6. Most Underrated:

Sh*t My Inner Critic Says

7. Most Prideworthy:

This is my all-time favorite: A Word About Rejection

There you have it. I'd like to pass this along to the following bloggers:

Nancy Thompson

Laila Knight

Jeff King at Author's Union

L.J. Cohen Once In A Blue Muse

Tara at More Than Fiction

Libby Heily

L.G. Smith at Bards & Prophets

Comments

  1. Hey, thanks!! What a neat idea for an award. Much better than answering questions about underwear. :)

    I read your rejection post. Still can't believe your perseverance. Wow. Makes me almost want to send a query tomorrow. Almost. Actually, your post convinced me it's time for me to get serious about querying. Must do that.

    Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, girlie! I'll get to this when I get back home & caught up. I like this "award." It will be interesting. And I'm proud to say I knew you when. I guess I don't mind sharing you with the rest of the world...much! Haha! And yes, I've read every single one of those posts & they're all great!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Lisa! Look at you, tons of awards. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just back home, from working out of town, I'll get to it Sunday if I can... Thx for the mention and the award.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're very welcome! I've really enjoyed reading some of your older posts. Great stuff! I think "How You Know When You're Ready" was my favorite. Back when I used to perform in ensembles, my director would say, "Treat every practice as if it were a performance and every performance as if it were your last." :)

    P.S. Stay safe over there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carrie's awesome. I found you through her blog. Congrats on the award :) From a follower of yours

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll start with the last and work my way back:

    Kelley: Thanks so much for stopping by! I put your book on my Amazon wish list. I'm doing a lot of research right now so I won't get to it right away but it sounds really good and I want to read it!

    Carrie: Thanks so much. Glad you liked one of those older posts. And the knowing when you're ready thing is such a tough one but I like your director's advice!

    Jeff: Whenever you get to it, I can't wait to read the older posts you choose.

    Libby: Thanks!

    Nancy: Can't wait to see what you come up with--I have loved all of your blog posts!

    L.G.: I left a lot of comments over on your blog. I really enjoyed those posts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much, Lisa! Hmm, I guess this means I can't pass it on back to you. :) I think all your posts are terrific and real informative. They let the reader know that you mean business and are in it for the long haul. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on the award! :-)

    Because of it, I found your blog (through L.G. Smith's) and I'm looking forward to reading these posts. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you sooooo much, Lisa! I just saw this post (?!) otherwise I would have replied sooner.
    Congrats on the award! You deserve it. I love your posts - you have a way with words. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts